Friday, August 6, 2010

AND SO IT BEGINS..........................

I had an epiphany when I turned 40 last week - I have spent the last 24 years of my life working, doing the type of corporate job that I "had" to do, not really doing what I "want" to do. Corporate America has been  good to me, affording me the opportunities to live the American dream, support my family and live a pretty decent life. But as I reach a plateau in my life, I realize that the next 24 years of work will probably the last 24 years of work, which means I need to create an opportunity so that I can follow my dream. Am I grateful for my corporate job? Absolutely. I realize that there are thousands of Americans that are currently unemployed and have been for some time. But when you sit down and take a look at your life, especially as you get near the end, don't you want to look back on it and say that you did what your heart desired?   When it's all said and down, I would like to be able to say that I was able to do what I wanted to do in life, not just what I had to do. 

With that said, I would like to welcome you to my blog. I have decided to create my opportunity and  FETISH FOR A BLUE SKYY is just the beginning.  As I begin this journey, I would like each of you to take a moment to think about your own lives.  Are you doing what makes you happy? What drives you?  What do you have a passion to do?

1 comment:

  1. we have fetishes - some we will share and some not so much ;)!
    I like "good stuff" no pun intended. It is something about a pair of bad pumps that not only make your legs look they last forever, but they make you feel like you can walk anywhere and know that you are the baddest thing in the place....How about that new hair cut complemented by a new dress...something as sweet as new sheets makes me feel like I have had an accomplsihed day and the night is going to prepare you for another...Shopping when your sad, shopping when your happy, shopping for the kids, it all makes me feel great. It can be jacked sum times when you have Champagne taste on a domestic beer budget.

    ReplyDelete