Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Fetish for........BASKETBALL!!!!!

OK, so I didn't grow up playing sports - Track, volleyball, basketball, none of that.  BUT, some how, some way, I gave birth to the most athletic children in the world. My oldest daughter came out of the womb playing basketball while my second daughter came out of the womb built to play any sport thrown her way.  Even my son plays and enjoys a sport.  As it stands, my oldest daughter is only a junior in high school and already being sought after by college recruits (YAY me! Free education!!) But I digress. 

The point is, as a parent of an athlete, you are pretty much guaranteed to learn the sport to some degree. For ten years I have watched from hundreds of stands yelling "Box out, DE-FENSE!" and every other basketball term known to man. I have to admit, I know the sport better than any other sport out there. Keep in mind, I was never one of those women that had to watch the NBA playoffs or the pre-season games to get a sneak preview of what the NBA teams had to offer, but last night - it was official.  I was in a hurry to get home to watch my two favorite teams play on the hardwood - Boston Celtics and Miami Heat.  Never have I cared so much as to when, where or why a game would be coming on TV, but last night I got caught up in the hype like everybody else. I will admit that Boston has been my favorite for years, but LeBron going over to Miami to join Dwayne Wade made me like them just the same. Did Miami do a good job in their first official game of the season? Probably not.  It still looked like the 3 musketeers have to figure out a way to gel on the court, who to give the ball to at the last minute, who will take the final shot, etc. etc. etc. I am excited to finally be able to go into basketball season and say goodbye to that outside sport known as football (BRRRRRR).  Besides, my favorite team has not been doing so well these days (too embarrassed to say who at this point). 

Anybody else feel a certain excitement about watching those tall, fine men run up and down the court in nice shorts????? Or is it just me???

No comments:

Post a Comment